Sunday, January 18, 2009

Photography



Ah! how it pleases me to take snaps! Its an unmatched delight for me.Leave me and a camera in a place and I'm lost in it.I never had any formal training in photography,which i regret,but when people look at some of my photos and say I'm no less than a pro it makes me so happy. I thank those people who are a catalyst for my passion.

It all began 4 years ago with the arrival of the first digital camera into my home,the Canon Powershot A400. A basic digital camera with pretty impressive features and quality.The transition from the old Yashica to a brand new,then latest in the market,Canon was an absolute excitement to me.I'd also got a handycam, a Galileo binoculars and an astronomical Telescope. But nothing kept me more busy and interested than the camera.I ate slept and dreamt with it. Photography had got into my blood. 
I used to photograph everything that I saw. Trees,crows,everything on road, were my subject.  :P   I learnt something new from every shot I took. I used to experiment a lot with the camera and it helped me learn so much on my own. It all really helped when we went on vacations. Some of the sceneries were captured so well by the A400,they almost looked like the pics from an SLR. People praised me a lot which further pushed me into it. I made sure to carry my camera wherever I went. I went on a few trips to N.India,Kerala and few more places with family and friends and captured some great stills. That's how i developed my passion in photography.

Although quite handy and satisfying, the A400 wasn't as capable at all the times. Low magnification power,reduced 
photogrphic quality during night and a low battery back-up with two AA batteries and their charger which I had to carry everywhere was quite a bulky and wearing affair. I somehow felt the need for a better equipment. A more powerful and a versatile camera is what i needed.

I began explaining this to my parents and started bugging them to buy me a new camera and finally after months, all the begging and crying came of use  :)   Recently my father bought me a new camera. Princess Cybyl i call her   ;)   . A Sony Cybershot DSC H50 'super-zoom' camera which is far superior to the existing Canon in terms of Mega pixels, Magnification capabilities ,features and everything possible. It has got an efficacious 9.1 mega pixels and an intimidating 15x optical zoom which makes it look like an SLR. Although not exactly, it even works close to one. It's got a wide range of features including an high ISO sensitivity,High definition photos and videos, smile-shutter ( the camera recognizes your smile and shoots when you smile), and even an Infra-red shoot feature to take snaps in total darkness.It can even edit the photos and one feature which really amused me is the one which can literally make non-smiling people smile (editing the photo i mean).
I really feel the power in my hands with this camera.Its one of the best things to happen in my life and i hope my passion in photography develops to far greater heights with this one.   :)

No comments: